Sunday 26 April 2015

Crossroads..

Choices, you always have to make choices in life.. Other choices are tougher.. and others a lot easier.. But nevertheless they are a part of our everyday life.. How do you know if your making the right choice though..? How do you know you aren't making the biggest mistake of your life..? Do you listen to your heart..? Do you weigh the statistical probabilities..? Once you've made your choice, can you go on in life,without looking back and wondering whether things would of turned out differently..And if you do look back.. Does it mean you are not contempt with your decision..? "What if's" are so troubling to live with.. They always eat you up slowly..
Come to think of it though, there are aways going to be parts of your life that you choose to leave behind, that you would have liked to take with you.. There are things you can't control, are things of which you have to let go .. I think you will know in your heart when the time is right to let go.. Once you're standing at the beginning of that crossroad, you will look at either road, close your eyes and let your senses lead you toward your new adventure..
You can sit and ponder, over thinking every little detail, driving yourself crazy in the process, weighing the probabilities, pros, cons, making up scenarios of all the bad things that may happen, avoiding the risky choice.. Or you can let the pieces, one by one fall into place on their own account.. You can stop thinking about what might and might not happen, that way you can enjoy what is happening right now.. You can gain a better understanding of the situation you are in, and about yourself and what you what.. Time can be a determining factor..
So, for now I'll just stand staring at the crossroad, neither risking it all, nor playing it safe.. and when the time comes.. I'll close my eyes.. I'll listen to the whispers of my heart, I'll taste the air around me, take step forward to whichever way my feet might take me.. and when I finally open my eyes, I will look back, neither regretting, nor wishful.. but blissful.. for the many experiences and adventures I leave behind, thankful for all the lessons I was taught..Reminiscing the wonderful past, and hoping for a glorious future.. And I'll turn around and keep walking straight ahead, expecting the obstacles and looking forward to finding new ways to overcome them as I go.. I'll bleed and I'll brake, I'll fall again and I know it know.. It's ok to fall , as long as you find the strength to get back up.. Get up and keep going, making the most of this glorious gift you've been given,LIFE..

No comments:

Post a Comment