Thursday 14 April 2016

...just a dream

 I lay there, sprawled across your chest, listening to your heart beating steadily in your peaceful slumber and feeling you warm breath on my face.. I inhaled you scent greedily.. cherishing your warmth and closeness.. security.. I thought sleepily about forever.. forever felt like a moment in your arms.. happiness felt like a moment listening to your sleepy voice mumbling I love you as you pulled me closer to you, smothering me with your endless love.. 
Love this must me true love.. I fit perfectly in your arms as you fit perfectly in mine.  I started wondering about soulmates.. do they exist? And if so.. you must me mine.. I must be yours.. we met by such circumstances it must be fate.. so much at work for just two people.. how can it not be fate..how can it not?  "My dear you are my Sun my moon.. " I whispered in your ear and you smiled in your sleep.. Your eyes fluttered as I kissed your neck.. you lowered your lips to mine and sealed my destiny with your kiss.."you are the love of my life " you whispered softly.. and I believed you.. how could I not? 
I looked up to see your face, to look into your eyes, the deep blue bottomless sea of your perfect soul, but your face was blurry.. I sat up and blinked several times as you slowly faded away before my eyes.. I felt cold, freezing cold out of your embrace, my eyes started tearing.. I grabbed at you but ended up with nothing in my hands.. your eyes were sad as you looked at me while you faded deeper into the darkness.. I screamed and cried and called for you.. 
My chest hurt my face was tear streaked.. I fought for breath as I woke with a start and immediately turned to find you, but you were nowhere to be found.. a dream.. it was just a dream.. I repeated in my head over and over as I tried to calm my heart and breath.. 
Lovers.. star crossed lovers.. 
I cried myself senseless and mourned my loss all over again as I recalled my vivid dream of you.. no rest.. not even in my sleep did your thought leave me.. you haunt me.. like a ghost of loss.. My heart slowed down and my tears dried up, my breathing returned to normal, fatigue wore over me like a wave as sleep claimed me.. another restless night.. 
Just a dream.. now you're just a dream.. from now until infinity.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment