Saturday 24 December 2016

Winter wonderland!

And just like you said, if I were a rapper, I'd probably be their shame. Constantly drawing inspiration from anything loosely connected to any romantic relations.
Hey I can see the wheels turning behind your pretty eyes. Don't worry, this isn't going you turn into a cheesy sad confession. Time has flown by, and those days are gone by far. Mostly it's a realisation of sorts. Maybe an observation. Maybe a mumble. Nonetheless it's my thoughts at the moment. You know how it goes, you write what you know and you know what you write. You write what you feel and you feel what you write.
You brought out a melancholy in my thoughts that I can't place. Maybe it was our "deep" conversation topics about life and what we want. Maybe I have to admit to a tiny tiny little bit of nostalgia of those good old conversations.
Don't get me wrong I do forget about you from time to time but I don't  forget you.  You've left your mark..quite literally this time as well. You're such a weird person in my life. You're absently present and presently absent.
The years go by and they take us with them yet you manage to always be your same sweetly odd self. With the same good old jokes and the same caring nature. With your everlasting respect towards me, because you're always more of a gentleman than you'd like to admit.
You're a lot of things you probably think that I don't notice, sensitive, romantic. What can I say, we slow danced on the balcony under the full moon once. You had your corny moments of romanticism.
You're a passionate person when it comes to things you love. I can see the sparkle in your eyes, when you talk about your music, your dreams and aspirations!
We're so different, yet so much the same. And it seems as we grow up we become much more similar in our differences!
You're like a boy in a grown up world. Remember what I used to say? Yeah, you're an open book for anyone who knows how to read it. Still the same boyish smile, still the same honest heart. Still the same non judgemental character, someone I know I can always talk to openly. Someone who always says and does the stupidest things in the most precious way. Someone who no matter how much time goes by, always makes me laugh, always makes me smile.
My sweet spontaneous boy. You have no filter and that's a gift. You do what you like, you act what you feel. You say what you want. Piercing honesty in your piercing blue eyes.
I can't know what's in your mind. But sometimes I think of things that are within you're grasp, something that you can reach but never touch. I think of trains and timetables. If you were a train you'd be the one that's always late, or the one I'm always late for, leaving the platform as soon as I reach it.
And if you were a destination, I'm sure you'd be my winter wonderland. An adventure at every turn, laughter at every ride.
Remember when we talked about what we want from our lives and where that conversation led us? Maybe one thing I would want would be good timing. Maybe one time I'd like to catch the train on time, maybe one time it would be nice to get to reach the destination. Maybe that was never the problem. But it's a valid observation , or at least a pleasant nonsensity.
 I know that the only viable logic, is doing what you want!
Now put a smile on your pretty face while I conclude with my nonsense and don't worry your mind. I'm not going anywhere monumental with my shit.
And just another observation, stop separating your pretty head from your great big heart. Whatever hurt you in the past is just that, in the past. You need the bad my friend to feel the good. You once taught me not to be afraid, I hope you take your own advice!
Now I may be the shame of your profession, but I'm sure if you wanted, you could turn it into a song, and sing it to me baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment