Friday 7 April 2017

Introduction To (Love) Me Part VI

It is funny how a party or anything spontaneous can change your life. A stranger introducing herself to you. A spark and a chemical reaction in your brain that you definitely can't stop. A symphony of feelings rushing all over your body. I knew better though. This time was gonna be different. This time I was gonna stay calm and instead of falling all over the place, I would remain in control of my feelings.By now you should know that every time I plan something, nothing goes according to plan. Spoiler alert: It goes two ways. I either get heartbroken or I make a mistake so bad that I can't forgive myself and I carry it for the rest of my life. So let's keep the veil of mystery for a moment here and continue. I started getting ready for my not so fancy because I am poor as fuck date with E. The plan was to pick her up, get on the subway, go to the city centre and have some fun. A part of being poor as fuck is that I never had a car. This might seem like a really funny thing but everyone likes a car. It makes thing easier and when you are in a relationship it can actually save it. If you think that not having a car is not of a big deal you are seriously making fun of yourself. Anyone who tells you that not having a car is not a big deal including your boyfriend or girlfriend is lying to you and this comes from someone who never had a car and still walks to go to work.


Anyway, back to  date night. I picked her up and we went to the city centre. The really bad thing with my dates is that I am always hungry because of my extremely fast metabolism. I suggested to grab something to eat with a bit of hesitation in my voice. She accepted the offer extremely fast because she was really hungry too. That's the spirit, I shouted inside me once again. The place I knew was actually a burger place called Hot-Hot. Great burgers and even greater prices for broke people like me. The bad thing is that my sense of direction is pretty bad so I couldn't remember where this place was. I asked some people and they told me how to get there.
-Don't you know where this place is? She asked with a surprised look on her face.
-Well, my sense of direction is quite bad so I cannot find my way. So please don't leave me alone here because I'm gonna get lost. I said while laughing awkwardly.
-There is no need to worry. Leaving you is the last thing I want to do. She told me confidently.
After 10 minutes of walking we arrived at the burger shop. A huge queue and no tables to sit down and eat properly as always. I totally forgot about that so at that point I started panicking. I make a huge mess every time I don't have a plate to eat or somewhere to sit down. However it was already too late as she was ordering. Where the fuck did that line go you ask? I have no idea. So I started accepting my fate. The date would be over when she sees me eating. After a while the burgers were ready. Suddenly someone just stands up and would you look at that, an empty table. Thank you universe! We started eating and I had a fort of napkins in front of me so she couldn't see me eating.
-Oh come on, don't be shy. She said while laughing.
-No. I'm not gonna let you see me. I said with my mouth full.
- Alright, alright I'm not gonna. She replied full of disappointment.
So, I let my guard down and continued eating my burger and then after some minutes she suddenly pulled all the napkins just to see me eating. I trusted her easily. Damn it Nick, I thought to myself. You had it coming.
I stopped eating and I was just looking at her, shocked of what her reaction was gonna be. The 30 seconds that I had to wait was like a microwave minute. Meaning that it was like a fucking year. Then she started laughing like crazy. I swallowed my food really fast that I almost choked and asked her what is so funny.
She pulled out her phone and took a picture of me and then I saw. My mouth was full of sauce.
-What a piggy you are, she said full of sarcasm while still laughing.
I was too embarrassed to say anything and she realised that. So she started eating like me and she made a mess.
-This is quite romantic. I said and my eyes stared at the floor.
-It actually is. I'm having the time of my life. Thank you. She said in an extremely serious voice.
-Are you actually serious? You don't find disgusting that I eat really fast and make a mess? I asked surprised.
-Why have anyone told you that this is disgusting? You just eat fast. She replied with a curious look.
Fun fact of my date life: Someone has told me that and that is why I never wanted her to see me eat. Another fun fact is that I actually eat really fast but I always thought of this as a really bad thing. However, when someone likes you for who you actually are, they don't really care about silly things like how you eat. A lesson that I never knew until then even though it is so simple and obvious.We had some laughs and our bellies were full. We decided to walk through city centre and enjoy the city until it was time to go for a drink.
After walking around sightseeing for 30 minutes we went to a local bar that was kinda shady. With only 2 people inside this place was quite dead. Yes, these 2 people were me and my date. Actually there was a third one. The bartender. I ordered a double whiskey with no ice and she ordered a glass of vodka with red bull. I wanted to suggest to get the hell out of here after the first drink and go somewhere with more people but I could see that she was having a good time so I didn't. Living in a city can be hard sometimes. It is always so busy, everyone is rushing from morning until late at night and the people are in a constant state of flux. Rushing and rushing and rushing. Everyone is like that and that includes me as well. Some people do it by choice because they like the busy city life and others do it because they have no choice. I was always somewhere in between. I can't live without some rush in my life and I also can't stand not having a quiet or calm moment. Yet, I've never seen any of my friends or relatives or literally anyone choosing to go to a really dead place for a drink and actually having a good time. My date was different though. She was also somewhere in between. She understood that there is a time for everything. She was different. A date is supposed to be an event between two people and nothing else and that was the moment I understood that this was exactly what I was looking for. This balance between fast and slow, calm and loud. The drinks kept coming and coming but we were both smart enough not to get extremely drunk.


The date night was a success after all despite the fact that I can't eat properly because of my gluttony. I was really satisfied with what I had next to me and was actually thinking to stay like this for a long time. Who doesn't like a good, loving and intelligent girlfriend after all? Smart is the new sexy they say and I always agreed with this saying. However it seems that I was not that smart after all because I ended up hurting her after a year by breaking up with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment