Tuesday 11 April 2017

Introduction to (Love) Me Part VII

Helping people is my specialty. I can solve any relationship problem. I can fix any mistake as long as it is not mine. I have never failed to make two people happy or return a broken and badly beaten up relationship to it's old glory. As long as the relationship is not mine. A friend of mine recently told me that she is in love. That's fucking cool I would think. If that friend of mine was not my ex-girlfriend. Well, I should try and help her anyway, like a good friend would do. So I sat down and listened to what she had to say. We talked about how much in love she is with that guy and how lost she was. You see, this girl was always overthinking things. Always planning ahead and scheduling every move. Love doesn't give a flying fuck about plans though. Every Time I heard how much in love she was with that guy I would just gulp a whole glass of whiskey. I invented a new drinking game by the way. Drink a whole glass of whiskey every time an ex tells you that she is in love with someone else. Pretty good.

Anyway the whole problem thing was about how messed up the relationship actually was. If you can call it a relationship. Featuring a 20 years difference and a chemistry more powerful than Batrachotoxin and another girl as a special guest, things were about to get pretty fucking tough. Batrachotoxin is a poison by the way and one of the most potent in the whole world. Love/poison you get it. So this guy already has a girlfriend bu he has been living with my friend for 2 months now. Like in the same house. First thought that came in my mind is that this guy is 100% a fraud and he is manipulating my friend. But,but let's give him the benefit of doubt here and say that he is actually a pretty decent guy. Why would you cheat on your girlfriend with someone else if you are a good guy? However, we are talking about love here so let's assume that love is spontaneous and you cannot control a single thing. Besides, nothing is pure good or pure bad, right? There are small bits of good and bad in every one of us and we just choose how we present them and deal with them. My friend told me that they met at the place they both worked and this whole thing was escalating slowly for a while. She also told me that the guy wanted some time to break up. If I could make a list full of bullshit excuses people say in a relationship, the list would go something like this:
  • 1) I need time
  • 2) I need space
  • 3)It's not you, it's me
  • 4) This is for your own good
  • 5) Our lives are going in different directions
  • 6) You are really mature and I am immature
  • 7) I don't deserve you
and my all time favorite and the only reason I fucking hate summer:
8) Summer is on it's way so let's see how we feel about each when fall/winter comes.


You can see the ''I need time'' excuse is number one on this list. The sole reason that it's on the top is because time is something we actually have. Fucking lots of it. Yeah, life is short and time is money but in order to break up your girlfriend whom you cheat with someone else already is not gonna take that much time unless you actually want it to take time. I wonder how much time it would cost me to give up a really fucked up relationship in which I don't feel in love and I am already cheating my girlfriend. Hmmm, lets see.
1,2,3,4,5. Oh yea, I wanna break up. Oh LOOK! This is actually so fucking simple. Who would have thought. Something smells fishy and it's not the fish I'm cooking. Firstly, because I don't like fish and secondly because I am not cooking anything at the moment. Manipulating someone who is in love with you, for me, is a crime. People who manipulate and take advantage of people who are in love with them should be in jail. She wanted my advice on what she should do. It is really hard to be objective when you are talking to someone you still like. Yet, I had to. I had to be objective so I can be a good friend to her like she is to me all this time. I had to be understanding like she was. I decided to throw away some theories about how this relationship could unfold. The first theory was that the guy was actually telling the truth. He just needed some time so he could break up properly with her. The second one was that he was just manipulating her. I like this girl so I told her I hope that everything will turn good and she will be happy. Yet, I had a feeling that something felt kinda off. A gut feeling let's say. The whole thing was escalating slowly. Fact number one. Fact number 2 is that when things go slow that means you have time. Time to break up with a girlfriend you don't like for example. Fact 3: This is moe of a legal term. It's called legal motive. A thief who stole once might not steal twice but a thief who stole twice is definitely gonna steal something for a third time. So with all these facts in mind let's see if we can reach a conclusion. He had time to break up yet he didn't. Then he asked time to break up. This ''time'' is now 2 months. They don't see each other but that's something the guy told my friend. Could be true or could be a lie. Why would someone stay in a relationship where you can't see each other, it's a mess, you fight all the time and you are also cheating? In my opinion is just manipulation. I just can't see it in any other way. I know that it's not all black and white. There is no pure good or pure bad. He may like my friend. You can be in love with two people at the time. IF YOU ARE A FUCKING 12 YEAR OLD. A mature person would never be in love with two people. I'm not saying that if someone does that person is stupid. I'm just saying that it's extremely immature.


Of course I couldn't say all these things to my friend. I would break her heart. Thus, I just told her the two theories I had and i begged her to be careful. Love can be a difficult and confusing thing. I told her to enjoy the moment then I realised she is someone with an anxiety disorder and that's literally impossible for her. I'm sure she will find a way to enjoy it despite her anxiety problem. I wished her all the best and told her that I only want to see her happy. Then I toasted my self and said: Cheers Nick and let's hope she will be happy and not manipulated because of her feelings. Does that make me a psychopath? Nah, it doesn't

No comments:

Post a Comment